Why this programme?
Being a great mentor is more than just giving advice. It is a different relationship from being a line manager which requires a different set of intentions and a different way of communicating.
What we cover and how?
This module is about being a great mentor; helpful intentions, how to behave, how to listen and ask great questions and provoke change through stories.
- Individuals experiment with different ways of communicating
- Individuals learn to precisely listen and question
- Individuals learn how to create and when to use stories and metaphors
‘The facilitator was great and the content was useful and thought provoking. I picked up some tips and ideas which I have actually used as a mentor, an example being that it is a non-hierarchical relationship and that I have as much to learn and to gain from the experience as the person I am mentoring.’
Outcomes for the delegate
- Listen patiently and precisely
- Ask insightful questions to provoke philosophical shifts in thinking
- Build a mutually beneficial supportive and trusted relationship
Outcomes for the organisation
- Mentors possessing a set of influential skills that can be applied to other leadership communication
- Mentors are more engaged in mentoring programs through personal reward
- Mentees are more engaged in the organisation
- Increased organisational performance as you’re nurturing leaders of tomorrow
For more information on our Mentoring Programme please contact us, we’d love to hear from you.